Friday, February 17, 2012

China Glaze Blue Sparrow

China Glaze Blue Sparrow is the first neon I've purchased and I'm really pleased with how it looks. Blue Sparrow dries slightly matte like most neons do. This is four coats. It definitely takes a lot to get this polish to a nice opaque shade but the work and patience is worth it because the color is awesome. The first two colors are before a top coat. The last two pictures are after adding a Sally Hansen top coat. I do not like matte shades, I'm a glossy, shiny type of gal and I love how this looks after a top coat! It's not an eye-popping burn-your-retinas neon but it's definitely bright and fun!




2 comments:

beachgal said...

I don't like matte shades on their own either - I like them with shinny top coats so I can see all the amazing goodies in them! I ended up with this lovely in my basket one trip to a Sally's because I thought it was either a glass fleck or a really major micro glitter. Surprised me when I got it home and found I had such a beautiful shade and it was matte!

Jessica said...

I waffle between my love for mattes and my disdain for them. Thankfully a shiny top coat fixes any potential iffy-ness. Blue sparrow really is amazing!