Thursday, January 26, 2012

Zoya Bevin + Essie SOTT

 Here is just a quick mani I did this evening. First we have Zoya Bevin. When I originally saw the promo photos and swatches for the Zoya True collection, the color that grabbed my attention was Bevin. She's a very pretty, creamy sage green color. It's a nice way to wear a fun color without it being overpowering. IMO, it's work friendly. Here is a swatch of Bevin:


As you can see, she's really pretty, fairly neutral and flattering.

I'm not in the business of having to tame down my mani's though. The only issues I run across are, "will this dry before my toddler wakes up?" So I added Essie Shine of the Times.


I really love Essie's SOTT. It looks gorgeous in the bottle and is a fun, easy way to jazz up most colors. Flakies seem to be super hot right now so I would pick this up and add it to your collection since it's one of the easier flakies to find. At $8.00 it isn't the cheapest, the Finger Paints are the cheapest, but those sell out really fast! The colors are really obvious in this flakie: I usually just see gold, red, and orange but if I tilt my nail up I can also see green.

Also, I have no idea what's going on with my finger in the second picture. I swear I don't have super powers. What I DO have is an incredibly cheap macro lens that adds vignetting to my photos and bulges on the outside - which is why the focus is "off" in a lot of photos. I need to figure out a new way to take pictures with this. Maybe setting up my tripod would help.

Oh yeah, have you entered my contest?

4 comments:

Wickless and Polished said...

Oooh pretty! Following you from Polished & Not Quite Put Together :-)

Jessica said...

Aw, thanks (: I appreciate you being here!

fingers said...

Great blog-am a new follower!

Smurfmobile85 said...

I've picked up Essie SOTT also, even though I have all the Finger Paints flakeys already. P.S. I'm also trying to find the perfect bubble gum pink! Why is this so hard to find?