Saturday, January 28, 2012

Sinful Colors+Julep

Yesterday I went to Walgreen's and looked at their Sinful Colors display. They had this mini valentine's day display with a few pinks and dark reds. I picked up "Glass Pink". It's a sheer, glittery pink. I bought it with the intent on wearing it alone but quickly realized that it's best for layering. I looked through my collection and saw a Julep I just received in a swap: Carrie. I love creamy, bubble gum pinks.Unfortunately, the few I have are horrible formulas so I never wear them. Carrie is no different. She's thick and streaky. This is 4 coats, with Out the Door as a top coat.




This is "Glass Pink" layered over Carrie. Glass pink is sheer with some gold glitter in there. It looks really pretty in the bottle but for me it doesn't translate on the nails. I'm less than enthused. It isn't as pretty as I was hoping. These two colors will probably head to my "future giveaway" pile that I've started. :)

I should add, that I absolutely love 'Out the Door' and will be purchasing it again. I like it better than Seche Vite. I'm thinking about swapping my Seche Vites for Out the Door, so if you know anyone who would be interested in that, let me know! I have two unused Seche Vites.





What are your recommendations for a nice, bubble gum pink?

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Welcome to the blog, I'm happy to have you here :)

I've heard of Gosh but I don't own any. I should look into that. I love Sinful Colors, too. They're very affordable and have a great selection of colors!