Sunday, January 29, 2012

Chanel: Miami Peach

I received Chanel Miami Peach in a swap on facebook. I was really excited to get her after looking at swatches online. I'm always on the hunt for the perfect peachy nail polish because that's the way I do nude.

She's very pretty but not completely what I was looking for. There are hints of gold shimmer which give this a really nice, feminine look. The color alone is a very beautiful peach shade. I think I would like this a lot more if it were just a creme. The picture above is three coats, and that still isn't enough coverage. I would need at least four for an opaque look. That's one of the reasons I'm bummed about this polish.

It definitely is staying in my collection, but I might put it over another polish to really make it pop.

I'm thinking about making my own light box. I saw a tutorial online. It's very simple, just a 12x12x12 cardboard box, black poster board, white poster board, and some tissue/tracing paper. I'm hoping it will help my photos look better. I know half it it is my macro lens - it's a very cheap lens that makes my photos warp on the edges so it's hard to get a good photo. Alas, it's all I can currently afford.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is super gorgeous!!!!

Jessica said...

Isn't it? It's like sherbet!