Monday, January 7, 2013

Essence Cosmetics

Today I have three Essence products to show you. Essence is a fairly new to me brand. They're very affordable, though availability varies by region. So far I'm very

Essence multi action mascara in blackest black
XXXL shine lipgloss in love story
Colour & Go nail polish in 108 ultimate pink



Essence multi action mascara in blackest black is a great, reliable mascara. The wand distributes the mascara evenly so I have zero clumping and my favorite part? My lashes are still soft! A lot of mascara leaves my lashes very hard and dry, but this mascara keeps them in their.."original lash form" so to speak. It's a great, reliable little mascara I'll always keep in my bag.

Colour & Go nail polish in 108 ultimate pink is truly the ultimate pink! It's so girly and happy and bright. It reminds me of hot summer days, sno cones and water fights. I love it! Application was smooth. You can get away with one coat of this polish with zero VNL, but I did two to make the color pop a bit more. The colour & go polishes also have a new bottle shape which is amazing and I prefer it to the old bottle shape. You can see two older Essences I reviewed here.


                                     

             XXXL lip gloss in Love Story is a gorgeous pink-mauve gloss, it has a bit of a subtle retro feel to it for me.  These glosses have a great non-stick formula. I'm pretty weary of lip glosses because most of the ones I own are very sticky and my hair sticks in my mouth, it's gross. These are wonderful, though. No stick, and I get a good 2 hours of wear before I have to reapply. No flakes, either.

Final verdict?
Essence is a brand that has yet to disappoint me. I own three glosses, two mascaras, and a few nail polishes by them and the quality is consistently impeccable. You can buy Essence at your local ulta, ulta.com, Fred Meyer, or H-E-B if you're in the US.



These products were sent for honest review. My honest review? I'm pregnant and they make me feel pretty, darnit.

No comments: